Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speak Out NC

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breanna's platform outline

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Breanna Flecha

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Breanna's platform outline Empty
PostSubject: Breanna's platform outline   Breanna's platform outline EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Topic: Respecting Government
Purpose of Speech: To become more like Jesus when participating in political scenerios
Intendedn audience: Christians and strong political critics
Attentian Getting Intro:
  • Today I will guide you through the stratagies and procedures of how to correctly choose your political party
Somehow I doubt Jesus Jesus had a specific party, or strayed people away from Caesar
[list][*]Maybe something about Negativity, (just a few ideas, feel free to add any:))

Thesis: Policy not Party
The Lord is soverign
Kingdom Party
Leadership is a Steward Ship

Summarizing Points:
First, what Jesus said and did regarding government.
Second, God is ultimately in control
Third, we should not choose comfort over...
Fourth, We are not waiting on the government to change this country, we are in need of much more. We carry our cross in our own lives

First Point:
Jesus rendered unto Caesar
God allows, everything to take place, for a reason, such as leadership

Evidence:
Matthew 22:21
Matthew 6:26-34
Romans 14:1-7

Second Point:
You can not control God, or put him in a box, he is ultimately in control
God can remove people in power of he chooses
Trust him

Evidence:
Romans 8:28
Story of Nebekenezer and his grandson

Third Point:
God is not waiting for the right man or women to go in office to do what needs to be done! He is urging us to pick up our cross and follow him. To play out these spiritual roles in out OWN lives

Evidence:
Mark 8:24
Daniel 14:17

Summary ideas:
The Lord is waiting for the church to trust its master. Do not depend on the man who can convince comfort, but the Lord who's kindom is not of this world.

Note: I some of my inspiration and bible quotes from my church, Crosspointe, in their series, "Life Outside the Booth"

Breanna Flecha
Back to top Go down
mrs. gray
Admin
mrs. gray

Number of posts : 174
Humor : LOVES TO LAUGH!
Registration date : 2007-11-29

PostSubject: a few comments   Breanna's platform outline EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Brianna, I can see you've put some thought into this and I am looking forward to seeing your rough draft...
Here are a few thoughts to keep in mind before you write everything out...

1. Please be sure to have a fully enticing attention getting introduction, one that serves to open up the minds of your audience, preparing your audience for what you are about to say. The biggest challenge you might have with this speech is making sure that you make your plea "Non Partisan." This is a worthy challenge and I know you feel passionate about this! What ever time you spend finding a creative attention getter will be time well spent!

2. You wrote:
Quote :
The Lord is soverign
Kingdom Party
Leadership is a Steward Ship

Summarizing Points:
First, what Jesus said and did regarding government.
Third, we should not choose comfort over...
Fourth, We are not waiting on the government to change this country, we are in need of much more. We carry our cross in our own lives

These look like a lot of great points: I'm not sure which ones are your key points for this speech and I'm a bit uncertain which are your "tag line" points. There also appears to be some overlap in a few of your ideas. I pulled these from various points in your outline:
Quote :
The Lord is soverign
You can not control God, or put him in a box, he is ultimately in control
God allows, everything to take place, for a reason, such as leadership

I want to make sure that your speech has distinctively different points that enhance your thesis: Policy/ Not Party.
Your entire message of your speech would change if you reiterated the point of God's sovereignty in several different ways.

Give me 3 clear headings that can be used to support your thesis. Based on what I've read, you might want to consider:
  • Jesus didn't have an R or a D next to his name.

• Look to God/ scripture before you decide.

• Trust God's sovereignty in all elections.

Be careful to outline your ideas clearly and succinctly so that when you sew the entire speech together it will be easy to follow and memorable.
I Look forward to seeing this all written out,
Mrs. Gray

Back to top Go down
Breanna Flecha

PostSubject: New points   Breanna's platform outline EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Hello Mrs. Gray,

Thanks so much for your imput! After going over my notes and my outline, i realised what you were saying. My main points were blending a little bit.
Here are a few points that I jotted down, that were similair to what I already said, however more distinct.

New Points
• What Jesus did in political scenarios
• God is control, and political disrespect shows lack of faith
• Since leadership is a stewardship, we should follow and respect god’s plan in our OWN lives

Are these a little better?

Breanna Flecha
Back to top Go down
Breanna Flecha

PostSubject: A Rough Draft   Breanna's platform outline EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Here is the rough draft i gave at the speech tournament saturday. I think i made a couple of changes before I went to the tournament however.
Jonathan Elbert states, “The political landscape is changing by the minute in America but one thing remains steady and growing: the endless cycles of blaming, complaining and name-calling. As a parent, if I saw children on the playground behaving as our politicians do in the media, I would be deeply disappointed and would address the behavior as unacceptable. The media acts so concerned about the growing crisis of bullying in America -- yet in later segments on the same shows and stations they give valuable air time to political leaders and talk show hosts who name call, insult and verbally attack those they disagree with. Obviously, our nation is facing a depression when regarding respect; does it have to be this way? In the course of the next ten minutes, I would like to guide you through the many ways that we can become more like Jesus, and how we can pick up our cross, in our own lives.
Regardless of the shocking health defects of negativity and rude remarks, Christians tend to avoid the idea of “unwholesome speech,” and disrespectful comments, because our word tells us to. Ephesians 4:29, Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” Our goal is to become more like Christ, simple enough. However, did you know that Jesus feels just the same about the way we treat our leaders? “Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and import duties, and give respect and honour to all whom it is due. “Romans 13:7. Our job, as Christ followers, is to give respect, and show kindness to everyone that He places in our path…rather behind someone’s back, or to their face. We are to show love, to not only our direct neighbours, but especially to our political leaders, whom God has put in Power for a reason. Today, I will walk you through THREE reasons why we should respect and regard our authorities, through using the word MAD, model, allegiance, division. First, our number one example, Jesus, is our model. Even he dealt with situations, such as government and respecting leaders. Second allegiance. This shows how our actions and speech, relate to our faith, our dedication to our Lord. Lastly, division. how we can “carry our cross,” in our own lives. Rather than causing separation in Christians. Something to the effect of leaving the audience unsatisfied
Jesus, dealt with the same struggles, we did. Sometimes it may seem hard to believe, but we just have a modernised version. Imagine your distrust, and negativity towards the leaders in your life, times ten. Jesus, actually was perfect, and actually did know everything, so he was always right. It was much harder for him to surrender to a leader like Casear, than it would be for us, since he could turn it all around in the blink of an eye. Sometimes when I feel that I know what’s best for a certain situation, I unintentionally try to force my way. Even though Christ could have taken over, our preached against the leaders of his time, he didn’t. In fact, he paid honour and respect to the leading government, just as we should today. He did not just treat the people he knew with this respect, but also with his authorities, which is what we are commanded to do. 21They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. (Matthew 22:21)” Our struggles are displayed on a grand scale, with our saviour on earth. Therefore, if we take note to his actions, and put them into act in our own lives, we are bettering not only our persona, but our faith.
Allegiance. (Daniel: 2: 20-21) “Praise the name of God forever and ever, for he alone has all wisdom and power. He determines the course of world events; he removes kings and sets other on the throne. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars.” This is what Daniel, said when he determined Nebuchadnezzar’s dream in the Bible. Nebuchadnezzar, was a prideful and cruel king in Daniel’s time. When God saw this he removed him from power, and later on in the chapter you here former King Nebuchadnezzar saying, “After this time had passes, I, Nebuchadnezzar, looked up to heaven. My sanity returned, and I praised and worshiped the Most High and honoured the one who lives forever. His rule is everlasting, and his kingdom is eternal. All the people of the earth are nothing compared to him. He has the power to do as he pleases among the angels of heaven and with those who live on earth. No one can stop him or challenge him, saying, “What do you mean by doing these things? (Daniel 4: 34-35) Since the Lord is sovereign, he can place and remove people from power, at the time he chooses. Our job as Christians is to except his decisions, and support him regardless. I am sure, that at some point in your life someone older and wiser than you made a decision that you may have not agreed with, and later it turned out for the better. Sometimes, we can not see the whole picture, and acting as if we do, puts God in a box…when in reality we are fish inside a fish bowl trying to reason and understand the people around us. Our willingness and respect towards his choices, actually displays our faith and allegiance to God. Therefore, our actions and words we use about the government and political leaders is a showcase of our trust in God’s ways and our dedication to him. Ending sentence
Lastly, I would love to cover the word, division. Since Jesus did not have an “R” or a “D,” next to His name, we should not divide Christians into two separate groups. Sure you can agree more with a specific party, but we should not be known as…republicans. And we should not be identified as…democrats. Day after day, we create two different types of Christians, and that is not bringing heaven to earth. This is not creating unity. 1 Corinthians 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. We should be known for our saviour Jesus Christ, we belong to him after all, and that therefore would label us as the kingdom party.
Model, alliance, division, three important things to keep in mind next time the topic is politics. It is completely okay to be excited and opinionated about your candidate, however their party should no be your label. And you respect the leader who is in place, at any given time. Not just the time you like who was elected, but even the time you do not agree with who won. Remember, God is pretty smart, he knows what he’s doing up there, so we should let go and support him through each and every circumstances. Not easy, but possible, and the result is unity and love. After all, Jesus said the number one commandment is to love Him with all your heart soul and mind, and to love other as you love yourself. Show the love of Christ, a trust him when in doubt, trouble, or even aggravation.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breanna's platform outline   Breanna's platform outline Empty

Back to top Go down

Breanna's platform outline
Page 1 of 1