Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speak Out NC

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

platform speech outline

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mrs. gray
Admin
mrs. gray

Number of posts : 174
Humor : LOVES TO LAUGH!
Registration date : 2007-11-29

platform speech outline Empty
PostSubject: platform speech outline   platform speech outline EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 am

TOPIC: ________________________________________
Purpose of speech: _________________________________________
Intended audience: ____________________________________________

Attention Getting Intro: (how do you plan to creatively introduce this speech?)
What is your Thesis / Big idea for this speech: (what do you want your audience to remember?)

Please summarize in a sentence the major points you would like to make in this speech: (road map your speech)

What is the first point you would like to make as you deliver your speech

Do you have any outside support or evidence to support this point?

What is the 2nd point you would like to make as you deliver your speech

What is the 3rd point you would like to make as you deliver your speech

How could you creatively summarize your major points and conclude this speech?
(the goal of a conclusion is to motivate your audience to remember and act)

Rebekah Mackin

Number of posts : 66
Humor : umm????idk hahaha...OoooOO OWOWOW OW CHARLIE that really hurt!!!
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: posting platform speech topic   platform speech outline EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Mrs. Gray,

Should I post my platform speech topic here? I was thinking of doing 'Global Warming- Fact or Fiction". I will then fill out the form if this topic is approved.

mrs. gray
Admin
mrs. gray

PostSubject: Potential on global warming topic   platform speech outline EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Rebekah, I definately believe this topic would have potential. Here would be my warnings:

Since this is a somewhat controversial topic and you can't be sure if your judge will be a proponent or opponent of the global warming movement, I would suggest that you develop a speech that has the goal of exposing the controversy using a fresh set of eyes. If you can creatively expose this debate with a touch of humor and a non dogmatic approach, I think you will have a great topic to research and write on.

Since this will be a research intensive speech, I need to caution you in advance about writing a speech that sounds like a verbal research paper. It takes some creative wording and paying attention to the needs of a typical listener to ensure that your speech succeeds.

If you are passionate and interested in this debate then go for it.

Mrs. Gray
Back to top Go down
marta mickelsen

marta mickelsen

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Speech Topic   platform speech outline EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi,
I would love to do a speech about what the indie craft movement is, how it effects the economy, and how it effects you.
This is an intoduction that I might use:
What do you think of when you hear the word “craft”. Maybe images of caterpillars made of egg cartons float through your head. Maybe you feel like screaming out of terror, remembering the construction paper, macaroni, and Aleene’s tacky glue of your childhood. A new generation of craft has erupted over the last few years. It’s a place where you aren’t very likely to find things like paper plates covered in macaroni. The indie crafters are a group of people who are stretching the boundaries of craft, effecting the economy in huge ways, and changing the way people think about consuming.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Rebekah Mackin

Rebekah Mackin

PostSubject: Re: platform speech outline   platform speech outline EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi,
Just to let you know I will be doing Original Oratory, so I am not planing on being very persuasive, even though I could, I would rather teach on the topic.
A few ideas I have are talking about the ozone and the political view of global warming like the cost benefit side also the biblical view of the topic.
I do have a few websites to go to and my science book(Apologia Physical Science) has a whole chapter on it.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks

mrs. gray
Admin
mrs. gray

PostSubject: Re: platform speech outline   platform speech outline EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Rebekah, I agree that this speech should be geared toward educating/ exposing the issue vrs. persuading people to adopt one side over the other.
I still believe you will need to do a significant amount of research on both sides so that you can comprehensively address the overall topic as it has been debated.
Think of yourself as a journalist, attempting to dig up "new" or unexplored angles on this debate.

Your idea of filtering this through a Christian world view is great and one that I strongly encourage.
The challenge is flavoring this speech with a balance of "GRACE" and "TRUTH"

If you allow yourself to fully research both sides of the debate, you'll be better able to address the key arguments for Global warming with a reasonable and logical approach that Glorifies God the creator.

I look forward to seeing your outline. Spend some time crafting a strong creative thesis that clearly articulates the main goal of your speech.

Thanks
Mrs. Gray
Back to top Go down
Rebekah Mackin

Rebekah Mackin

PostSubject: Re: platform speech outline   platform speech outline EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks,

I really want to do it were I would say a fact/topic and then show information and even a few quotes on the fact/topic in question.
I do plan on posting my outline in a couple days.

PostSubject: Re: platform speech outline   platform speech outline EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Mrs. Gray,

Where do I post my speech outline? Here? I don't see anyone elses posted, so I was wondering if I was in the right place.

Thanks,
Ali Nailor Cool
Back to top Go down
sg.welborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Speech Topic- Benefits and Hazards of the Literary Voyage   platform speech outline EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:35 pm

I am interested in writing a speech about some important effects of typical young adult literature on their readers. My three main topics would be the language quality and writing style- their accessibility versus the benefit that teens receive by emulating the mechanics of what they read; the different pros and cons of reading about experiences similar to one's own, which are easily compared and critiqued in relevant areas of overlap, and of reading about experiences which may significantly differ from one's own in personal identity or time or place- which may yet yield similarities and connections to people who are foreign at first impression, but may also facilitate false impressions or hasty generalizations on subjects one is not familiar with; and the encouraging and empowering messages which most young adult fiction novels try to convey- the most effective methods and the hazards of skewed messages or excessive exposure to dysfunction. I have done enough research to know that most proponents of reading focus mainly the act itself and how to motivate young people to perform it. I realize the compelling reasons for doing so- low testing scores, low general proficiency and comprehension, correlation between general reading and skill in communication, an average of seven minutes per day of leisure (unnecessary) reading among teenagers- yet wish to focus on issues encountered by those who would like to not only read but read to good advantage and with thoughtful discrimination. I would appreciate any suggestions for refinement or revision. - Sarah Welborn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: platform speech outline   platform speech outline Empty

Back to top Go down

platform speech outline
Page 1 of 1