Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speak Out NC

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Negative Brief - Freedom According to the Law

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam Chase

Sam Chase

Number of posts : 42
Humor : Mmmmmmmmokay?
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Negative Brief - Freedom According to the Law Empty
PostSubject: Negative Brief - Freedom According to the Law   Negative Brief - Freedom According to the Law EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 am

Value: Freedom According to the Law

Who makes laws?
Men?
Are men perfect?
By extension, are their laws ever going to be perfect?
Do men like freedom?
Would we like perfect freedom?
But your value is freedom according to the law, which you said was never perfect?
So we can never fully achieve freedom according to the law?

California is trying to legalize marijuana so they can tax the trafficking of it. Is it right to be able to sell marijuana to people who are addicted even though it is legal? Freedom under the law has the potential to be just as wrong as absolute freedom.

“Experience has shown, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny” -Thomas Jefferson

Jefferson obviously knows that no matter how hard a government tries, it will eventually degenerate. This could result in laws that legalize and grant freedoms that ought not to be granted.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Smith

Charlie Smith

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Negative Brief - Freedom According to the Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negative Brief - Freedom According to the Law   Negative Brief - Freedom According to the Law EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:49 pm

i dont know if I would go with the term perfect if i was you because they can easily judge your value by the same standard and you would probably be forced to give the same answer.
Back to top Go down

Negative Brief - Freedom According to the Law
Page 1 of 1