Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speak Out NC

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caleb's neg

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
calebs

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Caleb's neg Empty
PostSubject: Caleb's neg   Caleb's neg EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 1:58 pm

Note: This old version has been removed until further notice (meaning until James locks the site if possible)

Last edited by calebs on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mrs. gray
Admin
mrs. gray

Number of posts : 174
Humor : LOVES TO LAUGH!
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Caleb's neg Empty
PostSubject: re attention getter   Caleb's neg EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 9:40 pm

Caleb, This might sound picky but I would love for you to deliver your full attention getter without breaking it up with... Hello my name is Caleb....

Give whole scenario.... Yada Yada... Mr. Smith ### yada yada....

Once finished... pause allowing judge to think about the scenario and then say...

My name is Caleb S. and I offer this fictitious scenario to challenge you to think about what it would be like if... yada yada ... truth ..... yada yada

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
OK you forum techys.. this is where I know there is a way that I can actually clip and paste Calebs actual speech but I realized that I should have clipped and pasted before I started the post. Is that correct? I couldn't toggle back to the speech without closing out of my post and that is why I wrote yada yada yada.. I couldn't remember his exact words.... Bare with me as I learn how to do this more efficiently!
Mrs. Gray
Back to top Go down
Jimmy Van Eerden

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Caleb's neg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caleb's neg   Caleb's neg EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Caleb,

I just wanted to let you know that your "attention-getter" is very unique. In 6 years of debate, I don't think that I have ever seen a similar introduction. I definitely like it! Only a few suggestions:

1) Make sure that you don't become too verbose in your opening. It seems like it might be a little long-winded, especially when you only have a short amount of time for your negative constructive.

2) You might want to couple the "light" introduction with something a bit more substantive. Maybe at the end of your "Mr. Jones Story" you could add: "This story illustrates the words of Thomas Jefferson who said...." This will give your introduction more significance and depth.

Regarding the rest of your case, I have not had time to review it in its entirety. I will peruse it soon, and then let you know what I think.

Great work; I think you have some unique ideas that will separate you from the rest of the field. Keep it up!

Jimmy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Caleb's neg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caleb's neg   Caleb's neg Empty

Back to top Go down

Caleb's neg
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Speech and Debate :: year 2007-early2008 :: Archives.-
Jump to: