Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speak Out NC

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

charlie and the chocolate factory script jamie and breanna

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamie Eiland

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-05

charlie and the chocolate factory script jamie and breanna Empty
PostSubject: charlie and the chocolate factory script jamie and breanna   charlie and the chocolate factory script jamie and breanna EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:57 pm

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Duo BY BREANNA AND JAMIE

Charlie: “Is it really true that Wonka’s Chocolate Factory is the biggest in the world?”
Grandpa Joe: “True? Of course it’s true! Good heavens, didn’t you know that? It’s about fifty times as
big as any other!”

Charlie: “And is Mr Wonka really the cleverest chocolate maker in the world?”

Grandpa Joe: “My dear boy, Mr Wonka is the most amazing, fantastic, extraordinary chocolate maker the
World has ever seen! He’s a magician with chocolate! He can make anything, ANYTHING, he wants!”

Scene Close:

INTRODUCTION:
Oompa, Loompa Oopity Do
We have such a story for you
Charlie and his family poor
Will be blessed and starve no more
The ticket gold would play a part
But blessings come from a humble heart. (37 words of own)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Scene:
News Reporter: “Mr Willy Wonka, not seen for ten years, sent out the following notice today:”

Wonka: “I, Willy Wonka, have decided to allow four children to visit my factory this year. These lucky children will be allowed to see all the secrets and the magic of my factory.

Oompa Loompa: signed Willy Wonka

Grandpa Joe: “Wouldn’t it be something, Charlie, to open a bar of candy and see a Golden Ticket glistening inside!”

Charlie: “It certainly would, but I only get one bar a year.”

Oompa: The first golden ticket was found. The finder: Augustus Gloop.

Augustus: “I just knew I vould fint a Golten Ticket. I eat sooo many canty bars a tay dat it vould be impossible for me
Not to fint one.” (German accent, fat, greedy, cheeks puffed out, big/round)

Oompa: The newspapers announced that the second Golden Ticket had been found. The lucky person was a girl called Veruca Salt.

Veruca: “Where’s my Golden Ticket! I want my Golden Ticket! (spoiled brat, angry face, arms crossed)

Mr. Salt: “You see, as soon as my little girl told me that she had to have one of those Golden Tickets, I went out into town (see)
And started buying all the Wonka candy bars. I must have bought hundreds of thousands of them . But three days went by and we had no luck. Oh, it was terrible! (Talk like an old movie gangster? Mouth in frown, eyebrows furrowed, hand gesture)

Veruca: “Where’s my Golden Ticket! I want my Golden Ticket!”

Mr. Salt: I hated to see my little girl feeling unhappy like that (see)! On the evening of the fourth day, one of my workers
Yelled, “I’ve got a Golden Ticket!” And I said, “Give it to me. Quick! I rushed home and gave it to my darling Veruca, and now she’s all smiles (see), and we have a happy home once again!” (say this with a frown – irony)

Oompa: The newspaper announced the third and fourth golden ticket. The third was found by Miss Violet Beaurgarde.

Violet: “I’m (like) a gumchewer, normally, but when I heard about these ticket things of Mr. Wonka’s, I laid off the gum and (sooo) switched to Candy bars in the hope of striking lucky. I’m right back on gum now. My mother says it’s not ladylike and it looks (like) ugly. Who’s she to criticize?” (Valley girl – smack gum, make faces, roll eyes, put up hand, heavy sigh…)
Scene close:

Oompa: The excitement over the Golden Tickets had long since been forgotten (in Charlie’s family). Nobody in the family gave a thought now to anything except the two vital problems: to keep warm and to get enough to eat. It was doubtful Charlie could go on much longer. One afternoon, walking home with the icy wind in his face, his eye was caught by a dollar bill lying in the gutter.

Charlie: “I think, I’ll have just one of those candy bars, please.”

Oompa: Charlie picked the candy bar up, tore off the wrapper… and suddenly… a brilliant flash of gold!”

Charlie: “It’s a Golden Ticket!!! It’s the fourth Golden ticket, Mother, and I’ve found it!”

Family: Yipeee! Three cheers for Charlie! Hip hip hooray!

Grandpa joe: ( clearing his throat) All right, read it.

Charlie: (reading golden ticket) Greetings to you, the lucky finder of this golden ticket, from Willy Wonka! I am preparing suprises that are even more marvelous and more fantastic for you and for all my beloved ticket holders. In your wildest dreams you could not imagine that such things could happen to you! Just wait and see don’t be late! One more thing- be certain to have this ticket with you, otherwise you will not be admitted. Signed Willy Wonka.

Scene Close:

News Reporter: Mr. Wonka was standing all alone just inside the open gates of the factory. And what an extraordinary man he was.”

Wonka: “I have prepared surprises that will entrance, delight, intrigue, astonish and perplex you. Come forward please.”
(Does a little dance – a step for each word above)
Augustus: “I’m Augustus Gloop.”

Wonka: “Augustus! My dear boy, how good to see you! Delighted, charmed. Come in! (shaking hand furiously, does dance step for each adjective)

Veruca: “My name is Veruca Salt.”

Wonka: “My dear Veruca! How do you do? I always thought that a Veruca was a sort of wart that you got on the sole of your foot! How pretty you look in that mink coat!” (Veruca hugs “mink” around her with snooty look or proud look)

Oompa: The next children, Violet and Charlie have their tickets examined.”

Violet: “I’m Violet.”

Charlie: “I’m Charlie Bucket.” (sm. Nervous voice)

Wonka: “Violet and Charlie!” Well, well, well! I’m overjoyed! Enraptured! Enchanted! Is everyone in now? Our tour is about to begin.” (does dance steps again to adjectives)
Scene Close:

Oompa: Wonka turned right off the main corridor into another narrow passage. He turned left. Then left again. Then right. Then left. (coordinate with each other) A shiny door said: The Chocolate Room. (Wonka opens door)

Wonka: “An important, beautiful room. Don’t get over excited! The waterfall mixes chocolate! (pause) Oh no! Augustus, please…I beg you not to do that. My chocolate must be untouched by human hands!” Come away from that river at once!”

(Augustus acts out drinking from the river, falling in and being sucked up)

Wonka: “He’ll be chocolate fudge, (thinking a bit) Augustus-flavored chocolate. No one would buy it.

(maybe have Wonka saying this to an Oompa – unconcerned, moving on)

Wonka: Off we go! Everybody to the next room. We will make the next part of the journey by boat! My private yacht! Please do not lick the boat with your tongue! It’ll only make it sticky!” (caring more about the boat than the kids)

Veruca: “I want a boat like this! I want a big pink-boiled-sweet boat exactly like Mr Wonka’s! And I want lots of Oompa Loompas to row me about, and I want a chocolate rover and I want…I want..”

Wonka: “She wants a good kick in the pants!” “Stop the boat! This is the most important room in the factory!
(Kid(s) react)

Wonka: “Watch! This mountain of gleaming metal is my latest, my greatest, my most fascinating invention!”

Violet: “It’s (like) gum. Just so long as it’s gum, then that’s for me! (takes gum and chews it) Fabulous, it’s (so) tomato soup! I can feel it running down my throat!”

Wonka: “Spit it out! (slaps Violet on back) The gum isn’t ready yet! It’s not right!”

Violet: “Of course it’s right! Oh boy what a flavor! Blueberry pie and cream!”

Charlie: “What’s happening to your nose?”

Violet: “Oh be quiet, let me finish!”

Charlie: “It’s turning blue! Violet, you’re turning Violet! You’re swelling up!”

Wonka: “I told you I hadn’t got it quite right! I’ve tried it on twenty Oompa Loompas, and every one of them finished up as a blueberry.

(Violet swelled up, struggling to move)

Wonka: “Follow me!”

Veruca: “My feet are getting tired!”

Wonka: “We’ve come to the Nut Room. Take a peek through the glass, but don’t go in! You’ll disturb the specially trained squirrels getting nuts out of walnuts.”

Charlie: Oh look Grandpa, Look!

Veruca: I’ve decided I want a squirrel! Get me one of those squirrels!” all I’ve got at home is two dogs, four cats, six bunny rabbits, two parakeepts, three canaries, a green parrot, a turtle, a bowl of goldfish, a cage of white mice, and silly old hamster! I want a squirrel! Wonka, name your price.”

Wonka: “They’re not for sale. You can’t have one.”

Veruca: Who says I can’t! I’m going to grab me a squirrel this very minute! ( veruca is in nut room) “ All right I’ll have you”

Oompa: Twenty five squirrels caught hold of her and pinned her down.
(Veruca struggling)
Wonka: “Save her! (fake concern) (funny look) What are they doing to her? Testing her to see if she’s a bad nut. You watch…My goodness, she is a bad nut after all!

Charlie: Oh dear, Where are they taking her?

Wonka: Down the garbage chute. I expect she’ll turn up again sooner or later. Shall we move on?

Charlie: Oh yes!

Grandpa Joe: There’s only Charlie left now.”

Wonka: You’re the only one left?”

Charlie: Yes!

Wonka: That means you’ve won!!! I’m absolutely delighted! I had a hunch right from the beginning that it was going to be you! Now the fun is really going to start! We have the great glass elevator. Jump in dear Charlie. ( pretending to push button and being launched into air)

Wonka: How I Love my factory, do u love it too charlie?

Charlie: Oh, yes I think it is the most wonderful place in the whole world.

Wonka: I have decided to make you a present of the whole place. I’m much older than you think, someone’s got to keep it going.

Charlie: That’s why you sent out the golden tickets.

Wonka: exactly.

Charlie: But Mr. Wonka do you really and truly mean that you are giving the whole of this enormous factory to me? After all…
(wonka cuts Charlie off)

Wonka: There’s no time for arguments.

Last edited by Jamie Eiland on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bethany

Bethany

Number of posts : 80
Humor : hmmm.....Mrs. Gray Perhaps...
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: charlie and the chocolate factory script jamie and breanna   charlie and the chocolate factory script jamie and breanna EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:01 pm

I loved that duo...Great Job!
Back to top Go down
mrs. gray
Admin
mrs. gray

Number of posts : 174
Humor : LOVES TO LAUGH!
Registration date : 2007-11-29

PostSubject: Refresh my memory on the time you had at the practice   charlie and the chocolate factory script jamie and breanna EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Jamie/ Breanna, Could you guys refresh my memory on what your time was at the practice tournament? I don't have the book but hope that we can find some words to make the depth of the conclusion a bit more "dramatic"
This will all depend on how much time we have to fool with.....

After watching your performance I am quite convinced that you'll be able to "crisp" this up with faster popping between characters but I also know we need to add some "dramatic pause" to increase the humor. Time will be a crucial thing to consider as we work in either direction.

Adding to the conclusion will be important too.

You guys did a great job with blocking this. Now we move onto the fun part.... refining, refining, refining and making the entire piece work like clock work!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: charlie and the chocolate factory script jamie and breanna   charlie and the chocolate factory script jamie and breanna Empty

Back to top Go down

charlie and the chocolate factory script jamie and breanna
Page 1 of 1