Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speak Out NC

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meredith's Negative Case!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
meredith

meredith

Number of posts : 32
Humor : Ha Ha Ha!
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Meredith's Negative Case!!! Empty
PostSubject: Meredith's Negative Case!!!   Meredith's Negative Case!!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 3:15 pm

I have a right to receive healthcare, housing, and food from the government. Even if I don’t make any effort on my own, it is a duty of the government to take care of my family and me. The government is responsible for the welfare of all its citizens because those citizens elected them into power. Resources from the government need to be allocated to cover welfare costs no matter from where it comes.

Value: Welfare My definition of welfare is: aid in the form of money or necessities for those in need
Merriam-Webster
Cont.) 1 The right to free healthcare
So I can't show you how, exactly, healthcare is a basic human right. But what I can argue is that no one should have to die of a disease that is treatable.
Paul Farmer
It is the responsibility of the government to take care of my health and to regulate what I eat or drink and to pay for my medical expenses so I can have a healthy life. The government should find ways to procure funds to take care of my expenses.

Cont.) 2 The right to unemployment benefits.
They keep extending these unemployment benefits to the point where people are afraid to go out and get a job, because the job doesn't pay as much as the unemployment benefit does.
Sharron Angle
People who do not really seek work may choose to declare themselves unemployed so as to get benefits; people with undeclared paid occupations may try to get unemployment benefits in addition to the money they earn from their work.

Cont.) 3 The right to food and housing.
I grew up on food stamps. I come from a very humble background. And I've had many friends that have been destitute - you know, running into trouble - and places like The Midnight Mission have given them hope and have fed them and gotten them back on the right path.
Debi Mazar
The same way the government should take care of my health, it should also make sure I have food to eat as well as a place to live.

Cont.) 4 Welfare makes a government legitimate.
A government can not be legitimate without its people being healthy and having a place to live. If the government does not give its people a place to live or something to eat no one will want to vote for the people in the government.

I have the right to healthcare, unemployment benefits, food and housing. Everyone should have food to eat and a place to live.

Back to top Go down

Meredith's Negative Case!!!
Page 1 of 1