Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speak Out NC

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A quote and analogy together...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrs. gray
Admin
mrs. gray

Number of posts : 174
Humor : LOVES TO LAUGH!
Registration date : 2007-11-29

A quote and analogy together... Empty
PostSubject: A quote and analogy together...   A quote and analogy together... EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:11 pm

Cyrill Connolly provides us with a great analogy when he stated, “A river that is always splitting up into arms that reunite. Islanded between the arms, the inhabitants argue for a life time as to which is the main river.”

I was thinking about this and thought it could be used as a great "cap" your case off quote... something to tag on with a final "touche" as time allowed.

Or it could be used as part of judge education by saying. Today we are debating something that has been argued for centuries. There is no clear cut answer so we are asking you to decide which side has the best presentation of what is true... Just like Cyrill Connolly once said when he gives this analogy:
Quote :
“A river that is always splitting up into arms that reunite. Islanded between the arms, the inhabitants argue for a life time as to which is the main river.”
I present that the best way you can determine which is the main river is by asking which river has the most and the purest water flowing through it. This is what we are hoping you'll be able to do today. And I respectfully urge you to cast a ________ ballot.
Back to top Go down

A quote and analogy together...
Page 1 of 1