Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speak Out NC

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian's negative case #1

Go down 
2 posters

Rate this case from 1 to 10
Christian's negative case #1 Vote_lcap0%Christian's negative case #1 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Christian's negative case #1 Vote_lcap50%Christian's negative case #1 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Christian's negative case #1 Vote_lcap50%Christian's negative case #1 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Christian

Christian

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Christian's negative case #1 Empty
PostSubject: Christian's negative case #1   Christian's negative case #1 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 7:15 pm

“To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.”
¬¬

This spectacular quote came from Ronald Reagan.

Good afternoon. My name is Christian Colglazier and I will be the negative speaker for the following debate round. I would like to thank the judges, timer, and the affirmative speaker for being here. My value for this round will be freedom, and for this purpose of upholding my value I will stand resolved that "isolationism does not allow us to remain free, but allows for unruly powers to spread tyranny throughout the world". In this case I will demonstrate that my value freedom dictates that we negate the resolution.

Definitions:

In order to provide clarity and mutual understanding in today’s debate round, I will define some of the key terms that are found within the resolution that I will be using extensively through the following round. First of all, Ought is defined by Cambridge International Dictionary of English as "to show when it is necessary, desirable or advantageous to perform the activity referred to". Isolationism is defined by Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, 10th Edition as "A policy of national isolation by abstention from alliances and other international political and economic relations”.

Value and Criterion

My value for this round, freedom, is defined by the American Heritage Dictionary as “The condition of being free of restraints and Liberty of the person from slavery, detention, or oppression.”

Freedom is the highest value on the hierarchy of values because without freedom one could not do anything.

Burdens

In today’s debate round, I, the negative speaker, have the privilege of negating the resolution, which states, “That the United States of America ought to more highly value isolationism”
I must negate the resolution through my three contentions for the purpose of achieving my value of freedom. If I fulfill my burdens I should be granted the win.

Thesis Statement

Isolationism does not allow us to remain free, but allows for unruly powers to spread tyranny throughout the world.

Contention #1

We should help the world in order to get Freedom. Imagine that you live in a dictatorship. Your life is miserable. Then you hear that your country is being invaded. Soon after you here that a world power has taken over your country and that a new form of government will be in power. This government works a lot better than the old one. Your life is so much better and happier. If you do not intervene dictators will rise and get more powerful and freedom will not exist which bring me to my 2nd contention.

Contention #2

Not intervening causes dictator to rise to power. The rise of dictatorships across the world will spread if we are prevented from being involved in it. We saw this very clearly with the reigns of Hitler, Mussolini, and the empire of Japan during the Second World War. To intervene you need allies as contention 3 proves.

Contention #3

Having allies is needed to get rid of dictators. The uniting coalition of countries came together during the gulf war to free the country of Kuwait from the invading country of Iraq which was lead by the dictator Saddam Hussein. With out intervening freedom will be in jeopardy and we need to not value isolation.

Closing Quote:

I would like to close with a quote from George W. Bush, “In a complex and challenging time, the road of isolationism and protectionism may seem broad and inviting—yet it ends in danger and decline. The only way to protect our people… the only way to secure the peace… the only way to control our destiny is by our leadership—so the United States of America will continue to lead.”

REITERATION:
I, the negative speaker, have the privilege of insert burden. Throughout my contentions, I have argued three main points: 1) we should help the world in order to get Freedom.2) not intervening causes dictator to rise to power.3) having allies is needed to get rid of dictators.

VOTING ISSUES:
Thank you. I have fulfilled my burden and upheld/negated the resolution. I now respectfully urge the judge to affirm/negate the resolution. Thank you and I now stand ready for cross-examination and further points of clarification.

Laughing bounce bounce bounce bounce

Last edited by on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:44 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://aquamorph.110mb.com/
flyboymonkey
Admin
flyboymonkey

Number of posts : 42
Humor : much and many
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Christian's negative case #1   Christian's negative case #1 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 11:14 pm

Im no expert but pretty good
lol!
Back to top Go down
https://speech.forumotion.net
Christian

Christian

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Christian's negative case #1   Christian's negative case #1 EmptySat Dec 15, 2007 6:24 pm

ty
Back to top Go down
http://aquamorph.110mb.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian's negative case #1   Christian's negative case #1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christian's negative case #1
Page 1 of 1