Go down 
AuthorMessage
flyboymonkey
Admin

Number of posts : 42
Humor : much and many
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: james neg case   Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:03 am

"The road of isolationism and protectionism may seem broad and inviting — yet it ends in danger and decline." This powerful quote comes from our president George W. Bush.
Good afternoon my name is James Apple and I will be the negative speaker for the following debate round. I would like to thank the judge, timer and the affirmative speaker for being here today. My value for this round will be security and for the purpose of upholding my value I stand resolved. that isolationism
will cause less technological gains due to fewer immigrants and thus ideas and less security for our nation due to limited intelligence of other countries. In this case I will demonstrate that my value of security dictates that we negate the resolution.

In order to provide clarity and mutual understanding in today’s debate round, I will define some of the key terms that are found within the resolution and that I will be using extensively throughout the following round.
First of all, security is defined by dictionary.com as Freedom from risk or danger

Value and Criterion:
My value for this round , security, is defined by dictionay.com as “Freedom from risk or danger”.
Security is the highest value in the hierarchy of values because it is a basic need for a human to feel safe in the places they work, play and raise a family.

BURDENS:
In today’s debate round, I, the negative speaker, have the privilege of negating the resolution, which states the United States ought to more highly value isolationism. I must negate the resolution through my three contentions for the purpose of achieving my value of security. If I fulfill my burdens, I should be granted the win.

THESIS STATEMENT:
My thesis statement is that isolationism will cause great gaps in technological and military intelligence.

CONTENTION 1:
My first contention is that it is the duty of the United States to intervene against autocrats and regimes bent on destruction of all we hold dear. We should strive to spread democracy and give all people the rights and priveleges our citizens have received from our Constitution.

CONTENTION 2:
If we accept policies of isolation from other nations we will limit the number of immigrants to this country which has made us strong. Our nation was founded on the ideas and strength of many people groups. This would cause our country to ultimately fall behind in both military and socioeconomic development.

CONTENTION 3:
If we accept policies of isolationism our country would lose opportunities to make new friends of nations, gather information and intelligence about our enemies and be generally prepared for what other foreign governments and peoples are planning that may be harmful to our nation.

REITERATION::
I, the negative speaker, have the privilege of negating the resolution and being in favor of building strong partnerships with our nations and world leaders. Throughout my contentions, I have argued 3main points.

CLOSING QUOTE:
I would like to close with a quote from W. Averill Harriman, who once proclaimed, “Roosevelt was the one who had the vision to change our policy from isolationism to world leadership. That was a terrific revolution. Our country's never been the same since..”

VOTING ISSUES:
Thank you. I have fulfilled my burden and negated the resolution. I now respectfully urge the judge to negate the resolution. Thank you and I now stand ready for cross-examination and further points of clarification.
lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://speech.forumotion.net
Christian

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: james neg case   Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:33 pm

Good but I would suggest a tag line at the begining of each Contention.

Like a Star @ heaven cheers Good job. cheers Like a Star @ heaven
AquaMorph
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aquamorph.110mb.com/

james neg case
Page 1 of 1