Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speak Out NC

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Social Networking sites are good for society!

Go down 
+8
Bethany
Christian Di Lorenzo
ali_n.
Alex4JC
Katie Eaton
NateBrick
AshleyEaton
mrs. gray
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bethany

Bethany

Number of posts : 80
Humor : hmmm.....Mrs. Gray Perhaps...
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 3:46 pm

But he was saying it can become addictive. You never know...people may not have self control!!
Back to top Go down
Katie Eaton

Katie Eaton

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Yeah, I think even if you do it like that, you can still be addicted though.
Back to top Go down
Bethany

Bethany

Number of posts : 80
Humor : hmmm.....Mrs. Gray Perhaps...
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:20 pm

Yep! Cause you can go on once a day and stay on it all day!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
ali_n.

ali_n.

Number of posts : 58
Location : reality - its a lovely place but i don't like living there
Humor : original fairytales: death, horror, now sweet dreams kids!
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:40 am

Well, i don't have a facebook or anything, and if i did, my parent would let me on it once a day or twice a week or something.....i'm kindof limitied in the whole computer thing...so i wouldn't have a chance to get addicted. that is my perspective, but i can understand people being totally stuck on it...
Back to top Go down
Katie Eaton

Katie Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:46 am

yeah, if you have restrictive parents, you can still get addicted though and then you may -- I hate to say it silent -- cheat affraid and go on while your parent's aren't looking. so, you can get addicted even though you are restricted.
Back to top Go down
Christian Di Lorenzo
Christian Di Lorenzo

Number of posts : 91
Humor : Impromptu
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: ASDF   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:53 am

I definitely agree. We are humans and are depraved. We love our sin. Without the common grace of God, we would not be able to restrain ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Katie Eaton

Katie Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:55 am

That is so true Christian
Back to top Go down
ali_n.

ali_n.

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:37 pm

pretty much everybody i know who have facebooks don't get addicted, even though they aren't restricted, which shows, to a degree, that not everyone gets addicted. many people are able to just not pay attention to it, and only go on it once a couple times a week for a few minutes. just saying...
Back to top Go down
Christian Di Lorenzo
Christian Di Lorenzo

Number of posts : 91
Humor : Impromptu
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Social Networking   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Yes. Some people don't caught up with it. However, even then, it can be bad since it isn't the only bad thing about social networking.
Back to top Go down
ali_n.

ali_n.

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:53 pm

there are definately other problems, but that was just focusing on that one facet.
Back to top Go down
Carl

Carl

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Social Networking can be used either as a tool or a toy.

Social networking is good when people place boundaries and restrictions upon themselves and use it for good. When it has little control over your life, social networking can be used tool to keep up with people and organizations that are important to you, and to help and support them. I've seen this done when my Mom use Facebook to keep up with Sanctus Real singer Matt Hammitt's child's heart condition, to pray for friends going through trails, and to support them. When used properly, social networking is a truly world-changing phenomenon.

However, we must never make social networking more important than your other commitments or these people themselves. When used incorrectly, social networking can become a time-sucking, pointless activity that can be truly damaging. Without proper boundaries, it could easily take over our otherwise purposeful lives.

So, I really couldn't take one side; it truly depends on the user and how one approaches it.

Approach with caution and only use it properly. Anticipate weather you would use it as a tool or a toy, and act accordingly.
Back to top Go down
ali_n.

ali_n.

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:15 pm

Carl said: "Social Networking can be used either as a tool or a toy."

Very true. When people just get on and stay on for three hours checking their 500 "friends" status's, or changing their own to some dumb phrase, that is pointless. Time consuming and pointless.

If they are getting on to socialize with friends, maybe people they rarely see, or who live in other countries or states, then it is not pointless. Time consuming, maybe. Pointless, no.

If they are getting on it to share prayer requests or something edifying, then it is not a waste of time or pointless, because, though you can share the same news via email, people are more likely to be logged on to facebook than to their email account, so, if the need is immediate, say, someone is in the hospital in intensive care because of an injury or illness, then people can find out much faster than they would normally.

Back to top Go down
Nathan W.

Nathan W.

Number of posts : 57
Humor : Tearing apart Christian's case ..uh..I mean..
Registration date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Yes but what is the real use of Facebooking. There is no real use. Even if its urgent, e-mail and phone calling works. The question is, is social networking good for society and if you HAVE to post something on facebook to get people to see it then that doesn't make it good for society, it just shows how bad it is for society that that is the only way to reach them.
Back to top Go down
ali_n.

ali_n.

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:36 am

In this topic everyone is jsut saying all the same things over and over again. Some like facebook, some don't. Maybe we should drop this topic and focus on the other one...
Back to top Go down
Katie Eaton

Katie Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:25 am

I totally agree
Back to top Go down
ali_n.

ali_n.

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:00 pm

yeah, this topic is wearing thin...i'm out Sleep
Back to top Go down
Katie Eaton

Katie Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Sleep Sleep yeah, we've explored like every aspect of this topic Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
ali_n.

ali_n.

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Sleep I am going to stop watching it, so bye bye 'Social Networking Sites are Good for Society"! Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Katie Eaton

Katie Eaton

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:10 am

SleepSleepSleepSleep I agree, I am going to stop watching it, so bye bye 'Social Networking Sites are Good for Society" for me too!SleepSleepSleepSleep
Back to top Go down
Carl

Carl

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Nathan W. wrote:
Yes but what is the real use of Facebooking. There is no real use. Even if its urgent, e-mail and phone calling works. The question is, is social networking good for society and if you HAVE to post something on facebook to get people to see it then that doesn't make it good for society, it just shows how bad it is for society that that is the only way to reach them.

Nathan,

Using that same logic, you can say that e-mail is pointless because sending a letter works. Or that phone calling is pointless because you could just talk to people face to face.

Not everyone has everyone else e-mail addresses or telephone numbers, so that doesn't always work.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Social Networking sites are good for society!   Social Networking sites are good for society! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Social Networking sites are good for society!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2