Share | 

#6 God is an impersonal force...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nikita C.

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: #6 God is an impersonal force...   Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Revenge of the Sith, the Empire Strikes back, and Return of the Jedi. These are just a few of the numerous episodes that created the star wars sensation. One of the most enduring pop cultural phenomena of our day, it spanned many generations and spread over numerous countries. But with the exciting drama and adventure came an onslaught of spiritual mythology built around a universal energy known as the "The Force." My question is "Analyze and Respond to the Statement - God is an impersonal force, he is untouchable and unapproachable."

So is this true? Does the bible give us reason to believe that our God is similar to the "The Force" The Bible made it crystal clear that God is not some mystical principle but an actual caring person. Today i will give you three reasons of why number 1 he is not impersonal and then number 2 why God is in fact approachable and touchable.

My first reason for why god is not an impersonal force is that he provides. In Luke 12:24 it says "consider the ravens for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn: and God feedth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?" An impersonal Force cannot willingly or consciously provide for someone or something.

The second reason Is that God has emotions. Unlike an impersonal force, the God of the bible showed his hatred for certain sins as well as his immeasurable love for mankind. In Proverbs 6:16 it says "these six thing doth the LORD hate: yea seven are an abomination unto him, and it goes on to list several sins. In the well known passage of scripture, John 3:16 "for god so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in me should not perish but have everlasting life" It beautifully depicts Godís unbounded love for us. Once again If God is truly unapproachable and untouchable it would be impossible for him to have feelings toward mankind.

Lastly and perhaps the most significant of all is that God cannot be a force because God cares for us. 1 Peter 5:67 says "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you" also in Hebrews 10:35 "Cast not away your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward" Both of these verses are showing God's care for us. Yet it is impossible for a principle to care. Only a person or being can care for something else. Poet Thomas Barid wrote these simple yet profound words about these verses.
It is His will that I should cast my cares on him each day.
He also bids me not to cast my confidence away;
But oh! How foolishly I act when taken unaware,
I cast away my confidence and carry all my care.

So you maybe think okay yea.. maybe God is personal but I certainly cannot approach him or touch him, after all he IS the creator of the universe. Well lets take a look at scripture and see what it has to say, In Hebrews 4:16 it says "Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness so that we may receive mercy and find grace in the time of need" Often times when we need God the most we hesitate to approach him not because we can't but rather we don't know how. We cannot see God as we could a human being so we tend to deal with pain alone, we are embarrassed by our failures, our hidden fears and weakness. We almost feel silly to "approach" something we cannot see with our physical eyes. Often times we get the picture of a majestic regal king sitting on his golden throne. In fact when Isaiah the prophet, had a vision of God he described it as "I saw the Lord sitting on a throne high and loft: and the hem of his robe filled the temple" he later goes to recored his reaction to seeing such a powerful being "And i said Woe is me! I am lost" We frequently feel just like how Isaiah did. We can go out on a clear night and gaze at the immensity of stars in the universe and think of our miniscule size in comparison to the infinite universe. We gape at the awesomeness of his creation and think to ourself "there is no way such an awe-inspiring God can possibly be approachable. He is simply be to great and magnificent for him to be interested in feeling my pain, or my fear. But actually God wants us to approach him, his love for us is greater that anything we can imagine. He is not aloof and unreachable high in heaven. He is not an impersonal force. God provides, he feels, he cares for you and I and he want us to draw close to him. He is not some indifferent cosmic force, he is a loving caring God - and his nature was revealed to us through a humble carpenter in Nazareth. We can truly approach god throne with boldness, because his throne is not made of gold or rich jewels but of grace and mercy. In your darkest hours of pain or sorrow, in your most secret moments of fear or confusion, that is the time when we are to draw close to our God because he more than any other human being has been tested and tried by every temptation we have ever felt. An often he known perhaps better than we know ourself.

When we take into consideration the all that was said, it seems clear that God could not possibly be the impersonal Force of star wars. Our God is compassionate and caring. As Saint Augustine so quaintly put it "God loves each of us as if there were only one of us." Thankfully we really can dare to approach this throne with boldness, because none other than God is waiting for us.
One of the greatest songs ever written is a song that today is often limited to the singing of little children.
Jesus loves me, this I know;
For the Bible tells me so,
Little ones to him belong,
They are weak, but he is strong.

Nikita Chintalapudi
Back to top Go down
View user profile

#6 God is an impersonal force...
Page 1 of 1