Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Speech and Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speak Out NC

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carl

Carl

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-12-12

ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!! Empty
PostSubject: ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!!   ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 9:21 pm

President-Elect Obama has left an empty seat in the senate, right? So, the governor of his state (Illinois), will choose who will fill his seat.
The FBI has been watching this guy for three whole year, and he has even invited them to listen to his conversations. So, they did. And what they found was frightening.
Apparently, he was selling the seat to the highest bidder. And there's more. He told the struggling Tribune (the company that owns Wrigley Field and The Chicago Tribune) that the State of Illinois would give them financial aid, if they fired their writers critical of him.
Back to top Go down
James C.

James C.

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!!   ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 pm

And the previous governor is in jail on corruption charges.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!!   ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:26 pm

Yeah last night I was watching TV and there was a really cool quote I heard, I can't remember who said it but I think it was one of the FBI agents:
"This is probably causing old Abe Lincoln to roll in his grave."
I'll tell you what this stuff even freaks me out imagine what a great guy like Lincoln would be thinking pale

God Bless
Swimmer Dude
Back to top Go down
Christian

Christian

Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!!   ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 10:34 am

I heard he is being forced to resign but he is fighting it.
Back to top Go down
http://aquamorph.110mb.com/
James C.

James C.

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!!   ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 11:16 am

Technically, he can still apoint a senator. What is really scaring the FBI is the fact that he night apoint himself. In that case, he would have to be impeached and tried on a federal court, which could take more then a year. Until that time, he would draw a senators pay.

Here's to hoping they can impeach him before he thinks to apoint himself.
Back to top Go down
Carl

Carl

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!!   ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Do you believe the person he appointed should be allowed to be in the Senate?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!!   ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

ILLINOIS GOVERNOR ARRESTED!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Speech and Debate :: Misc. :: Misc...Current events Etc Etc.-
Jump to: